OpenBSD compatibility

Other Distros like OpenBSD, NetBSD, etc.

Do you want OpenBSD to be officialy suported by Safesquid team as a host OS ?

Yes, that is critical for me and/or my company
13%
Yes, that would be nice
43%
I don't care
43%

Total votes : 30

OpenBSD compatibility

Postby coolioo » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:50 pm

Hello.
My boss asked me to evaluate Safesquid for our "Safe Internet" project. The problem is that all of our servers are running OpenBSD because of security concerns. I read the Safesquid docs and i didn't found anywhere a reference to OpenBSD. Can SafeSquid be installed on OpenBSD?. If it can be installed, will all modules/features function properly as it does to a Linux host?
You should think seriously to support OpenBSD because is the safest known operating system and for this reason is suitable as a firewall/filtering host.

I also ask for other people that want OpenBSD to be supported by Safesquid to vote in my poll.
Thanks.
coolioo

Re: OpenBSD compatibility

Postby Manish » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:47 am

Coolioo,

The SafeSquid Team, sincerely respects, your views. The effort you took to convey your message, is quite commendable too. And that radical move of setting up an opinion poll, really is a pleasant surprise! :D

Your suggestions, have technical merits too.
We have always had, FreeBSD / Solaris / OpenBSD / NetBSD on our" ToDo" list.
But since too few users were interested in these platforms, and rather wished more on other features, these platforms just didn't reach the necessary priority.

So let's see how many people share your opinion. On our part, we'll make this topic an FTR for all visitors, for the next one week.
-----------------
Manish Kochar
Manish
Site Admin

Postby coolioo » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:27 pm

Hi again. I appreciate you interest for the BSD platforms. I hope that a lot of people will vote in the poll. :roll:
coolioo

Postby kobaz » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:09 pm

I would like to see SafeSquid on OpenBSD. I'm planning to create a firewall / content filtering product based on OpenBSD and SafeSquid.

Thanks,

Dominik
kobaz

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:35 am

why is there no option for "no, dont make it primarily for openbsd"?

Return to Other BSD Variants